Did this page end up framed? Click here to break out.


Exotic in Thin Air (Part 3, The Pan American)
Blindly on the Tightrope lithium carbonate Functi...
No definitions or quotes this time, its time yet ...
Exotic in Thin Air (Part 2, Taxis)
Stumbling through Memories
Exotic in Thin Air (Part One, Speechless)
No definition or quote this time, since it's time ...
Dying with Strangers
Peering from the Hole
Playing with Knives

Click to go to the most current Cliff Between the Lines
Life, viewed sideways. Emotions, amplified. Answers, questioned. Me, between the lines.




- A Wounded Heart, Who Can Bear?
- Drowning Under a Tidal Wave
- Clawing My Way to the Sunlight
- Yes, Santa Claus, There Is a Virginia
- Fugu
- Touching the Spirit
- A Hole in the Universe
- Riding on the Dreams of Others
- Turning Into a Shark
 - A Heart, Ripped Asunder
- Surrendering to the Roller Coaster
- Hunting in the Jade Forest
- Dodging the Shark
- Dancing With Invisible Partners
- The Captain and the Harliquin
- Courting the Devils
- The Captain Makes His Mark
- Mad Dog to the Rescue
- Innocent in the Big City
- Dropping the Ball Briefcase
- Scrambling Brains
- Cheating the Reaper, Again
- What If the Man Behind the Curtain Is No Wizard After All?
- All of Us Have a Soundtrack
- Working With Broken Machines
- Happy Anniversary, Baby
- Standing on Stars
- Running the Film Backwards
- Identity Crisis ("Who am I?")
- Can We Ever Really Admit the Desires of Our Heart?
- Forgiveness is a Rare Thing
- Having Your Heart Caressed By the Creator
- Working With Broken Machines
- A New Leg to Stand On
- The Real Spirit of Christmas
- Chatting With Infinity
- Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- We All Have a Great Capacity for Loss
- Brushed Lightly By Might Have Beens
- We See the World Through Our Own Looking Glass
- Every Storm Passes Eventually
- Accidents Can Introduce Destiny Into Our Lives
- Freedom Depends on the Walls Around Us
- Pulling Aside the Velvet Curtain
- Riding the Razor's Edge
- Dying With Strangers
- In Your Face
- Between the Lines
- The Bobcat
- Angel With a Coffeecup
- Innocent in the Big City
- Chains of Gossamer
- Playing With Knives
- Stumbling Through Memories (Ooops)
- Picture This
- Running the Film Backwards
- Playing the Score, Tasting the Music
- Coins and Corals and Carved Coconuts
- My God, I Confess
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 1, Speechless)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 2, Taxi)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 3, The Pan American)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 4, Guano)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 5, The Andes Express)



 
Blogroll Me!













Feed for RSS readers:
ATOM Site Feed


Enter your email address below to be notified daily in your email whenever this blog is updated, courtesy of Bloglet:


powered by Bloglet



"This is True" is now located at the bottom of this page.






My Blogger Profile

More About Cliff Hursey

Email me



"From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines, going where I list, my own master total and absolute, Listening to others, considering well what they say, Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating, Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me."

Walt Whitman (1819-92)




"When I look back now over my life and call to mind what I might have had simply for taking and did not take, my heart is like to break."

Akhenaton (d. c.1354 BC)











And now, the current weather, from some random person we pulled off the street:

The WeatherPixie








Sunday, February 15, 2004
 

Picture This

blogger_idol-1.gif
This week's Blogger Idol topic is Picture This.



re-call
Function: transitive verb
1 a : to call back [was recalled to active duty] b : to bring back to mind [recall those early years] c : to remind one of : RESEMBLE
2 : Flipping through the scrapbook of your past


Memories
Light the corners of my mind


My mind stores my memories in pictures, snapshots of moments that burn themselves into who I am, what I am, and what I will be. Memories that go so far back that I can see myself sitting in a high chair, eating spaghetti on a winter's evening. I can remember seeing the Mickey Mouse show on TV and not being able to understand what they were saying.

I can remember going to Swan Lake in Sumter, South Carolina and looking up at a swan.

Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were


There is a time in each of our lives when we are innocent, when the most important thing is to watch the road crew outside our window dig a hole, when we can spend an eternity watching ants. We run and capture fireflies in our jars, fascinated by their glow. Our days are filled with imaginings; we are heroes, cowboys, spacemen, superheroes if we like.

A bike is a motorcycle, a towel tied around the neck is an excuse to fly.

Scattered pictures
Of the smiles we left behind


And then comes the moment when the world hits us like a battering ram, and innocence is lost forever. Those moments scar us forever. Death, violence, wounding, we spend the rest of our lives bleeding in some way.

Our smile is never quite the same after that day.

Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were


Our first loves, the first times we smile and the smile comes back to us, the first time we look into the eyes of a beautiful girl and they sparkle right back with magic. The butterflies in our stomach fluttering so hard we feel we could die of bliss.

We spend our lives trying to relive those moments.

Can it be that it was all so simple then
Or has time rewritten every line


Remember the good times, the sunny days, the fall breezes, the spring flowers and the beautiful snowy mornings. Forget the aches, pains, arguments and dissapointments. Wash over them with the rosy tints of the years.

Life was good, it really was.

If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me - Would we? Could we?


Turning the pages in my mind, would I do it the same way? Regrets always have their places, but all in all, yeah, it's good. Even the worst moments seem to have turned into blessings.

Could I do it again? I am not sure I would be brave enough, if I knew what lay ahead.

Memories
May be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
We simply to choose to forget


Some moments I wish I could erase from my mind, the death of a cat, the crash of a car, the phone calls that changed my life forever. The letters I wish I never read, the places I wish I had never been, the people I wish I had never known, the moments so terrible I can't even bear to mention them.

We hurt, we grow, and we go on.

So it is the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were


Waves breaking on a pristine beach, sun streaming through early morning clouds, fresh breezes caressing my face, God's presence all around me. Those are the moments that define me, the good ones, the treasures.

The smiles, the laughter, these are the important things to leave behind and to take with us, for they are the only thing of value on the Earth.

(lyrics for "The Way We Were" from The Columbia Pictures, Rastar Production "The Way We Were", as recorded by Barbra Streisand, composed by Alan Bergman, Marilyn Bergman, Marvin Hamlisch)



Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.
Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)


Permalink: 2/15/2004 11:11:00 PM |
EMail this post to a friend:


Creative Commons License\__Cliff Between the Lines__/ is licensed
under a Creative Commons License.

Visit The Weblog Review

All Definitions featured in this blog are modified from the Webster Dictionary website.

Many quotations in this blog come from the Quotations Page.

This page is powered by Blogger. Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory


Google
WWW \__Cliff Between the Lines__/