Did this page end up framed? Click here to break out.


Plummet
Where the Heck Was I?
Signs, Part 3
Signs, Part 2
A Word About the US Presidental Election Result
Best Photos of 2004
What Kind of Blogger Am I?
Signs
Dancing in the Spotlight
Black Carpet

Click to go to the most current Cliff Between the Lines
Life, viewed sideways. Emotions, amplified. Answers, questioned. Me, between the lines.




- A Wounded Heart, Who Can Bear?
- Drowning Under a Tidal Wave
- Clawing My Way to the Sunlight
- Yes, Santa Claus, There Is a Virginia
- Fugu
- Touching the Spirit
- A Hole in the Universe
- Riding on the Dreams of Others
- Turning Into a Shark
 - A Heart, Ripped Asunder
- Surrendering to the Roller Coaster
- Hunting in the Jade Forest
- Dodging the Shark
- Dancing With Invisible Partners
- The Captain and the Harliquin
- Courting the Devils
- The Captain Makes His Mark
- Mad Dog to the Rescue
- Innocent in the Big City
- Dropping the Ball Briefcase
- Scrambling Brains
- Cheating the Reaper, Again
- What If the Man Behind the Curtain Is No Wizard After All?
- All of Us Have a Soundtrack
- Working With Broken Machines
- Happy Anniversary, Baby
- Standing on Stars
- Running the Film Backwards
- Identity Crisis ("Who am I?")
- Can We Ever Really Admit the Desires of Our Heart?
- Forgiveness is a Rare Thing
- Having Your Heart Caressed By the Creator
- Working With Broken Machines
- A New Leg to Stand On
- The Real Spirit of Christmas
- Chatting With Infinity
- Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- We All Have a Great Capacity for Loss
- Brushed Lightly By Might Have Beens
- We See the World Through Our Own Looking Glass
- Every Storm Passes Eventually
- Accidents Can Introduce Destiny Into Our Lives
- Freedom Depends on the Walls Around Us
- Pulling Aside the Velvet Curtain
- Riding the Razor's Edge
- Dying With Strangers
- In Your Face
- Between the Lines
- The Bobcat
- Angel With a Coffeecup
- Innocent in the Big City
- Chains of Gossamer
- Playing With Knives
- Stumbling Through Memories (Ooops)
- Picture This
- Running the Film Backwards
- Playing the Score, Tasting the Music
- Coins and Corals and Carved Coconuts
- My God, I Confess
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 1, Speechless)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 2, Taxi)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 3, The Pan American)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 4, Guano)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 5, The Andes Express)



 
Blogroll Me!













Feed for RSS readers:
ATOM Site Feed


Enter your email address below to be notified daily in your email whenever this blog is updated, courtesy of Bloglet:


powered by Bloglet



"This is True" is now located at the bottom of this page.






My Blogger Profile

More About Cliff Hursey

Email me



"From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines, going where I list, my own master total and absolute, Listening to others, considering well what they say, Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating, Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me."

Walt Whitman (1819-92)




"When I look back now over my life and call to mind what I might have had simply for taking and did not take, my heart is like to break."

Akhenaton (d. c.1354 BC)











And now, the current weather, from some random person we pulled off the street:

The WeatherPixie








Friday, November 12, 2004
 

How to Score Points With Your Wife 101

love
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lEof dear, Latin lubEre, libEre to please
1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties (2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by lovers (3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests b : an assurance of love
2 : something that infuses successful marriages


Today was my wife's birthday. We won't go into which one it was.

Usually, we make a big deal out of her special day. Lots of presents, a really nice dinner, the works. Problem was, this year I am unemployed and that brings a considerably tighter wallet along with it.

So, I had to do something different. Buying nice, expensive presents was out of the question. Even the nice dinner was probably not in the works.

I decided I would make her something.

I considered lots of alternatives.

Maybe I could take a picture of me/us/her printed on our photo paper and frame it? Nah, too vain.

Or maybe I could write a mushy love poem and print and frame that? Um, perhaps, but that's been done. I might as well just buy a card.

Then it hit me....the perfect present. Guys, you want to take notes here.

I sat down at my computer, fired up Microsoft Word, and wrote 101 things that I loved about her. After she went to sleep last night I printed the list up, took a pair of scissors, and cut each individual one out.

Then, starting at the coffeemaker she goes to as soon as she wakes up, I taped a trail of the reasons. 101...100...99...98...97... Down the counter, up the side of the cabinet, across to the hall, down the walls, through the foyer at the bottom of the stairs, and ending 3..2..1.. with the last few on the door along with the "Reasons Why I Love You" sign she would see as she came downstairs in the morning. Then I went to bed.

"CLIFF!" she said, waking me up the next morning.

"What??!?" I said, bleary eyed, completely forgetting what day it was.

"Oh my God!"

Oh yeah, Earth to Cliff. "Did you see them?"

"Oh my God!"

"Happy Birthday!"

"Oh my GOD!"

And so on it went, with her unable to say anything but "Oh my GOD!" for about five minutes. Sometimes, even if I didn't say anything, she would just blurt it out every few seconds.

Yep, I shot, I scored, nothing but net. She said it was the best birthday present she ever got.

So guys, I recommend this one. Just to be helpful, I'm gonna give you the list I compiled. I based it on a list from a wife to a husband I found at this site with lots of modifications and personalizations.

Reasons Why I Love You

  1. Your loyalty to me and everyone or everything that matters to you
  2. Your compassion for everyone around you
  3. Your selflessness
  4. Your integrity
  5. Your strength
  6. Your devotion
  7. How you are always 100% honest no matter what
  8. Your kindness
  9. The way you always try to help others
  10. How you always stand up for what you believe in
  11. Your generosity
  12. Your confidence
  13. The way that you always look for and find the positive in everything
  14. Your optimism
  15. Your love of the outdoors
  16. Your courage even in the face of adversity
  17. Your boldness
  18. Your gentleness with me when I need it the most
  19. How you are always understanding with me even when I don’t deserve it
  20. How much you and I share in common together about everything
  21. How you always can make me laugh or smile even at times when I don’t want to
  22. Your silliness
  23. Your love of little tiny things
  24. How nice you look in your black jacket and bell bottoms
  25. How you are always kind to animals
  26. The fact that you aren’t afraid to care
  27. How you always help me when I need or ask you to and usually even when I don’t ask
  28. How you are always concerned about me and my well-being, and everyone else’s too
  29. The way you hold me
  30. The way you lighten up a room just by being in it
  31. How much you’ve taught me about life and myself
  32. Your intelligence
  33. The fact that you are good at putting things in order and keeping things running smoothly
  34. Your zest for life
  35. Your love of discovery
  36. Your excellent people skills
  37. Your amazing voice
  38. Your awesome hair
  39. Your craziness
  40. Your incredible beautiful eyes
  41. Your soft warm hands
  42. Your love of life
  43. Your uncompromising belief in God, family, and country
  44. The fact that you make the best mother anyone could ever ask for or hope to have
  45. The way you walk
  46. The way you talk
  47. Your wackiness
  48. The fact that there is nobody else in the world like you and nobody will ever come close
  49. Your vast hunger for knowledge
  50. How you are always good at everything, even when you think you aren’t
  51. The annoying fact that you are right 90% of the time. (Ok, 95%.)
  52. The amazing new experiences that I’ve shared for the first time with you and only you
  53. The way you make me feel about myself
  54. How you always tell me and show me everyday how much you love me
  55. How you don’t mind holding my hand or showing me affection even in public
  56. How you sometimes give up things you’ve wanted just for my benefit
  57. The way you kiss me and touch me
  58. The fact that you were willing to take a chance on me
  59. The way you always encourage and believe in me
  60. Your faithfulness
  61. Your true sense of honor
  62. The fact that you know how to be a real woman and a real girl at the same time
  63. The sweet gifts you’ve given to me
  64. The heart-touching things you’ve said to me
  65. The way you’ve opened up your heart and life to me
  66. The fact that I learn new amazing things about you everyday
  67. The way you look at me that makes me melt inside
  68. The love you’ve always shown me
  69. The way you always say awesome things about me to other people
  70. How much excitement you bring into my life everyday
  71. How you always bring out the best in me
  72. How you never take life for granted
  73. The way you always inspire me
  74. The fact that you can see my dreams and show me your own
  75. The fact that you are without a doubt my true soul mate
  76. The way that you see things that I completely miss
  77. The way you like tradition
  78. How forgiving you are
  79. How you’re not afraid to be a risk-taker
  80. Your incredible big heart
  81. How you always know what to say and how to say it in any situation
  82. How you always keep the house clean and my clothes perfect
  83. How you always try to do something nice for me when I least expect it
  84. The fact that your coworkers love you so much
  85. The amazing way you sometimes seem to be able to read my mind
  86. How we always still say or do the exact same thing at the same time
  87. Your extreme patience with me even when I push it to the limit sometimes
  88. Your charm
  89. Your wit and wisdom
  90. How you always comfort me or give me a shoulder to cry on when I need it
  91. How I know you’ll always be here for me through good times and bad no matter what
  92. The extraordinary amazing things that always happen to us that never happen to anyone else
  93. The fact that I know you are my real true soul mate and we were destined to be together
  94. How awesome you have been to my mom and dad and how they all love you so much too
  95. How cute and adorable and pretty and beautiful you are
  96. The sparkle in your eyes when you get excited about something
  97. Your incredible dreams and visions for our future that will come true
  98. How much you know about me now and that you’ve seen both my good sides and bad and that you still love me anyway
  99. Cups of coffee every single morning
  100. Every little single detail about you that makes you who you are and the fact that you are the best wife in the whole world


Bonus Reason 101. The fact that this list was so easy to write.

(Ok guys, go for it. I wanna hear those scissors and Scotch tape dispensers hummin!)


Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.
Jeanne Moreau

Permalink: 11/12/2004 11:01:00 PM |
EMail this post to a friend:


Creative Commons License\__Cliff Between the Lines__/ is licensed
under a Creative Commons License.

Visit The Weblog Review

All Definitions featured in this blog are modified from the Webster Dictionary website.

Many quotations in this blog come from the Quotations Page.

This page is powered by Blogger. Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory


Google
WWW \__Cliff Between the Lines__/