Did this page end up framed? Click here to break out.


Back to the Old Home Place
Tastes Like Chicken
Evil Heart
Yeah, I'm Still Here, He Yells As He Flies By...
More Eye Update
Truck
Update on the Eye Thing
Egg, Part 2
Egg
Gate Way

Click to go to the most current Cliff Between the Lines
Life, viewed sideways. Emotions, amplified. Answers, questioned. Me, between the lines.




- A Wounded Heart, Who Can Bear?
- Drowning Under a Tidal Wave
- Clawing My Way to the Sunlight
- Yes, Santa Claus, There Is a Virginia
- Fugu
- Touching the Spirit
- A Hole in the Universe
- Riding on the Dreams of Others
- Turning Into a Shark
 - A Heart, Ripped Asunder
- Surrendering to the Roller Coaster
- Hunting in the Jade Forest
- Dodging the Shark
- Dancing With Invisible Partners
- The Captain and the Harliquin
- Courting the Devils
- The Captain Makes His Mark
- Mad Dog to the Rescue
- Innocent in the Big City
- Dropping the Ball Briefcase
- Scrambling Brains
- Cheating the Reaper, Again
- What If the Man Behind the Curtain Is No Wizard After All?
- All of Us Have a Soundtrack
- Working With Broken Machines
- Happy Anniversary, Baby
- Standing on Stars
- Running the Film Backwards
- Identity Crisis ("Who am I?")
- Can We Ever Really Admit the Desires of Our Heart?
- Forgiveness is a Rare Thing
- Having Your Heart Caressed By the Creator
- Working With Broken Machines
- A New Leg to Stand On
- The Real Spirit of Christmas
- Chatting With Infinity
- Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
- We All Have a Great Capacity for Loss
- Brushed Lightly By Might Have Beens
- We See the World Through Our Own Looking Glass
- Every Storm Passes Eventually
- Accidents Can Introduce Destiny Into Our Lives
- Freedom Depends on the Walls Around Us
- Pulling Aside the Velvet Curtain
- Riding the Razor's Edge
- Dying With Strangers
- In Your Face
- Between the Lines
- The Bobcat
- Angel With a Coffeecup
- Innocent in the Big City
- Chains of Gossamer
- Playing With Knives
- Stumbling Through Memories (Ooops)
- Picture This
- Running the Film Backwards
- Playing the Score, Tasting the Music
- Coins and Corals and Carved Coconuts
- My God, I Confess
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 1, Speechless)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 2, Taxi)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 3, The Pan American)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 4, Guano)
- Exotic in Thin Air (Part 5, The Andes Express)



 
Blogroll Me!













Feed for RSS readers:
ATOM Site Feed


Enter your email address below to be notified daily in your email whenever this blog is updated, courtesy of Bloglet:


powered by Bloglet



"This is True" is now located at the bottom of this page.






My Blogger Profile

More About Cliff Hursey

Email me



"From this hour I ordain myself loos'd of limits and imaginary lines, going where I list, my own master total and absolute, Listening to others, considering well what they say, Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating, Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me."

Walt Whitman (1819-92)




"When I look back now over my life and call to mind what I might have had simply for taking and did not take, my heart is like to break."

Akhenaton (d. c.1354 BC)











And now, the current weather, from some random person we pulled off the street:

The WeatherPixie








Saturday, April 23, 2005
 

There's Still Life in the Old Dog Yet

(Note: I will resume the definition-pic-post-quote format soon - Cliff)


Still, about twice a week or so, Mitsi and I go out to check on the plant site and take care of things, even though its been closed for over a year now.

After everything that has gone on, we know it's dangerous to be there alone, so we meet there in the late afternoon. It's amazing how, with enough time under my belt, all the things that seemed so urgent and important have faded into the months and weeks that have passed.

Last week, they took the third and last Mack truck, the same people that stole the rest of the stuff, in the middle of the night. Since this one didn't run, they brought a wrecker. Bold.

Then again, we know who did it, and gaul is his most prominent feature. Well, except for his drinking problem.


This guy owns a business, and I've seen him come in so blasted wasted that his nose literally shines red and he can't even keep his eyes open, much less function or even walk. Yet, he thinks he is so cool that no one notices. If only he knew, the real fact was that no one cares.

Arrogance. I hate it in all its forms. The original sin was arrogance, did you know that? No, I'm not talking about Adam or Eve, I'm talking about Lucifer. He was the one that invented sin, and that was the one he used. He still thrives in it, and those with his mark on them reflect that same attitude.

Yeah, I know I'm ranting. Some things I'm just bitter about. Even David in the Psalms cried out to God about the same topic, and it got his goose too.


And would you believe that even with everything that has happened, there is still a good chance of them bringing this company back to life? And if they do, there will be a good spot for me there. But this time, I'm insisting on things being done above board. The chairman agrees. The people who are arranging the money to do this will insist on it, I'm sure.

And if it works, all the stockholders will come out fine. Since I know so many of them, well, that's one of the reasons I hung in there so long.

So, if this flies, what about my own business? Not a problem. It can run at night, on weekends, even absentee. So that's cool too.

OK, rant mode off. Next time, something of substance.

Permalink: 4/23/2005 03:23:00 AM |
EMail this post to a friend:


Creative Commons License\__Cliff Between the Lines__/ is licensed
under a Creative Commons License.

Visit The Weblog Review

All Definitions featured in this blog are modified from the Webster Dictionary website.

Many quotations in this blog come from the Quotations Page.

This page is powered by Blogger. Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory


Google
WWW \__Cliff Between the Lines__/